Laminate is the best flooring option for people with restricted budget. The brilliance of hardwood varieties is flawlessly captured in this synthetic derivative. While you will consider it a mere replica, the truth is besides staying low on your finance, laminate floors excellently reject getting affected by gaping. Thus, it is highly suitable for kitchens, bathrooms and even for basements. Made sturdy with human intelligence, laminate floors can withstand heavy traffic and requires effortless maintenance.
How can laminate compete with real wood?
Decor professionals insist that laminate floors can never match the wide-ranged natural elegance, texture and quality of hardwood. But, this synthetic flooring treatment impeccably holds imprints of hardwood distinctions.
Different Types of laminate flooring:
Diverse Plank Sizes
Laminate flooring is accessible in wide planks of varying widths, approximately of 4, 4.92, 5 and 6.69 inches. The laminate planks are easy to install and use. You can do it yourself or seek the expertise of the concerned professionals.
Installation Process in Detail
Preparations Before Setting-in Laminate Planks
- Bring the sealed packages of laminate flooring in the specific room and keep them there for 48 hours, before exposing them to the outside air. This procedure helps the planks to conform to the temperature they are supposed to experience.
- Clean the surface of the room thoroughly, to ensure there is no debris Justify to disrupt the flawless settlement of laminate planks.
- Next, you can use a moisture barrier and then top it with foam. You can buy good-quality underlayment from retailers. Laminate planks are thin; an underlayment with ingrained vapor sealant provides the required padding with soft foam.
Installing the Laminate Planks
- Take a laminate plank and place it on the extreme corner of the room. Keep the grooved-edge away from the wall.
- Always use wedges or spacers between the wall and the planks. The L-shaped spacers are generally found with moderate thickness and a foot in length.
- For the next laminate plank, click and lock it with the first and continue the same process for installing the entire first row.
- Bring in the shorten off-cut or offset laminate plank to initiate the second row. Tap the planks of this row with that of in the first one, with some block and intensify the force with a hammer; to diminish the presence of space between the two adjacent rows.
- Continue installing the planks in similar manner until you reach the other end of the wall. Just be sure to firmly click and join the planks of each row and tap sufficiently to close gaps between rows.
Laminate flooring with high gloss finish augment the look of your home. On removing the wedges from the sides, if the presence of expansion gap makes you uncomfortable; you can always cover the gap with shoe molding matching the laminate floor and wall paint.